[Design-team] MgOpen Modata & accents

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Fri Jun 4 22:59:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 05:12:53PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> We don't actually have an official body text font (I tend to use
> Liberation Sans when laying out body text), maybe we should pick a
> specific one and add it to our brand guidelines.

The whole MgOpen not having accents thing has bugged me since my
development of fedora-business-cards, where I used Máirín's FAS
information as a test to see if my code worked with Unicode.

But anyway. You'll never guess what I have in the brand guidelines draft
I'm working on. :)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ianweller/Brand_guidelines_(draft)#Fonts

We could use either Liberation or Droid. It matters not to me.

(And for those who haven't seen this yet, I've been quietly working on
it for the past year. It's unfortunate that I've been doing it somewhat
quietly. With my internship at Red Hat I finally have some time to put
these guidelines together -- plus, I have a shoe in the door with Red
Hat's trademark people. I'll make a blog post/mailing list post in a few
hours with more information on the goals of this.

It's not done, obviously.)

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>