[Design-team] F13 Feature Profiles (first design bounty) and introduction

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 14:02:49 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm Jef (or Schendje on IRC and my new Fedora People account). I'm the one
who wanted to give the first Fedora Design Bounty a shot as can be read
here:

http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/fedora-design-bounty-f13-feature-profiles/

So I made a first mock-up (work in progress!) which can be found here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2061418/FedoraFeatureProfiles_mockup.7z

I included all the materials and sources I used.
F13-feature-profiles_edit1.pdf is the main one, I also included an annotated
version at F13-feature-profiles_edit1_notes.pdf.

Things I wondered about (besides the annotations):

- I follow a lot more of the Ubuntu world, and wasn't sure of any trademark
designs Fedora uses. I quickly made a simple background, but have no idea if
it fits with your brand. I used only the official Fedora colors though.
- How far I can go with the fancy-schmancy designs. I don't want to overdo
it, because that would not only look bad but also get in the way of
readability and such (mchua already pointed out the background might
conflict with a black and white version, which is why blackWhiteTest.png is
there).
- What's the final format I should design for? Will it be on paper, pdf, do
I need to keep the margins for any printers, things like that?

I'd love to hear what you guys think. All comments/questions/remarks are
welcome!

Jef