[Design-team] Conceptual Design Phase - Inspirations

Berryhill Daniel musicconnoiseur at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 17:17:47 UTC 2010

If we're going to go with the idea of "The whole is more than the sum of its parts", I think we could draw some inspiration from this guy:

http://kunstformen.blogspot.com/

He has another, somewhat stranger, blog here (check out the early march 2010 stuff):

http://birdbrid.blogspot.com/

Anyways, his style and presentation are very eye-catching and seems relevant to the design goal we have at hand.  And while we'll probably be sticking close to our blues color scheme - I hope we can extract a few beneficial ideas.  :)

Just passing it on,
:Daniel

The concept for the F14 design is based on the codename for F14 which is
Laughlin. The proposed concept by the person who submitted the name to
the F14 call for names was:

"Something that can illustrate the emergence concept, like multiple objects combined to create a new one (more complex).

"Robert Goddard was a professor of physics, and so is Robert
Laughlin.[11]. He was awarded the 1998 Nobel Prize in physics for his
explanation of the fractional quantum Hall effect. Moreover he argues
for emergence which is a concept that says 'The whole is more than the
sum of its parts'."