[Design-team] New concept for F14

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 21:01:40 UTC 2010

Hi Kyle,

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 16:11 -0400, Kyle Baker wrote:
> I have been learning Blender. I generated these images that I thought would work nicely for the f14 wallpaper.
> http://kybaker.fedorapeople.org/image1.png
>
> The blender files and the additional blender files are available
> http://kybaker.fedorapeople.org/
>
> Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Interesting concept. I coudn't help but tweak a little with it in gimp
and inkscape and here's what I've come up with:
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/designs/F14/f14-artwork-kyle
+mso-composite.png

Sources in:
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/designs/F14/

Basically I've taken your image, inverted it, made a mask of it, created
a gradient in inkscape, added the created mask to it in gimp, imported
it in inkscape as foreground layer, added backgrounds layer, tweaked
foreground layer opacity, and set its blend mode to 'lighten'. The
composite svg won't work (to keep it small I haven't embed the png
image), to fix it, just replace the broken image with the correct one.

I've done it really quick, just to illustrate the basic idea what I
imagine could be done with it, so the colours are by far not the best
ones one could use :-D

Martin