[Design-team] Request for feedback!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Jun 29 06:18:14 UTC 2010

On 06/29/2010 12:54 AM, Nelson Marques wrote:
>   Dear fellow Fedora artists,
>
>   I've picked up 6 wallpapers from Fedora 13 Artwork Page[1] and resized
> them into my 1366x768 and 1600x1200 and made a slideshow wallpaper for
> GNOME.
>
>   The slideshow wallpaper was named: "fedora-design".
>   The RPM was nammed: goddard-fedora-design-wallpapers-*.noarch.rpm
>   (dependency list, GNOME. not sure on the outcome on KDE).

I don't have experience with packaging but why should it have any
desktop as dependency? You are deploying just some PNGs and an XML, right?

>   I haven't released this, and did it for my own joy. There is art
> submited that I love and I haven't found it on Goddard.

I think your initiative is good, we should make easily available more of
the great designs created.

>   Does anyone wants to release it on Fedora-Art.org ?

You can release it yourself, all the images are CC-BY or CC-BY-SA, so
you are free to do that, just keep the license Free and list the
original authors.

>   Anyone minds that I make the RPM available on my fedorapeople?

Please do it.

>   I can add more resolutions before submitting it, what resolutions would
> you like me to introduce ?

I would like a hi-res wide screen (1920x1200 or larger)