[Design-team] Fedora GTK Theme

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:20:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 15:51 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
>  Good job. My personal position is that any brand (such as fedora)
> should have a strong visual identity, which eventually brings up the
> theming.

There are few glitches here and there (see the status bar), but overal
it has a nice feel. I also think Fedora should have its own visual
identity, hence I started nodoka and it was even default in a few
releases of fedora, but then the desktop team decided (without
discussion with the design team) to switch back to clearlooks. It made
me a bit dispirited so the current state of nodoka development is
"stalled", although I wish to continue the development when I'll have
more time.
> I will be one of the persons supporting work being developed on this
> field for several reasons.
>
>  I would probably point this to you:
>
>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/NodokaTheme
>  https://fedorahosted.org/nodoka/

Marcus' theme is based on Arora gtk engine, for nodoka I accept only
nodoka gtk engine based themes. That said, if he has design ideas I
could use in nodoka (like completely new style or adjustments to the
current one), I'll gladly accept them.

> I believe Martin is also a contributor for Fedora Design.
Yes I am :D

Martin