[Design-team] Fedora GTK Theme

Nelson Marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:02:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 17:20 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 15:51 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
> > Hi Marcus,
> >
> >  Good job. My personal position is that any brand (such as fedora)
> > should have a strong visual identity, which eventually brings up the
> > theming.
> >
> There are few glitches here and there (see the status bar), but overal
> it has a nice feel. I also think Fedora should have its own visual
> identity, hence I started nodoka and it was even default in a few
> releases of fedora, but then the desktop team decided (without
> discussion with the design team) to switch back to clearlooks. It made
> me a bit dispirited so the current state of nodoka development is
> "stalled", although I wish to continue the development when I'll have
> more time.
> > I will be one of the persons supporting work being developed on this
> > field for several reasons.
> >
> >  I would probably point this to you:
> >
> >  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/NodokaTheme
> >  https://fedorahosted.org/nodoka/
> >
> Marcus' theme is based on Arora gtk engine, for nodoka I accept only
> nodoka gtk engine based themes. That said, if he has design ideas I
> could use in nodoka (like completely new style or adjustments to the
> current one), I'll gladly accept them.

I don't understand much of GTK Theming, but I'm working for some in a
'Galatic Empire' (reference: star wars) theme with Nodoka ;)

I'll upload it one of this days on fedora-art.org.

As for the personal identity of Fedora, yes, I agree with you, we should
have one. Things like the ones you spoke above about Nodoka being
tackled, are things that make my marketing oriented mind thing in
concepts like 'open marketing' and Fedora as a Community distribution.

Keep up the good work, the 0.8 looks to be awesome from the designs I've
seen the other day on Nodoka @ fedorahosted.

nelson