[Design-team] Fedora GTK Theme

Nelson Marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 16:40:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 18:38 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> In fact we go the other way, rejecting icon themes, GTK themes,
> notification themes or any other visual identity produced by the
> Design
> Team.

Nicu,

 I don't understand the above sentence, but here's what I think and I'm
not going to hold back my tongue about it.

 From a marketing perspective, a brand is also composed of a visual
identity, and both of the previous together are part of something which
we define a product or a service (Fedora Linux marketing related is a
service). By stripping off the visual identity we are crippling our
image amongst our users.

 I believe the Design Team is the best to know what to do or not to do.
But this is only my thought.

 My personal position is still of support to the introduction of a
visual brand and highlight the work from the FEDORA community. Maybe
someday they will wake up to the world...

 nelson