[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 17:11:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:52:55AM -0400, John Poelstra wrote:
> Start       End         Name
> Tue 09-Mar  Tue 30-Mar  Prepare wallpaper for Beta
> Fri 12-Mar  Mon 22-Mar  Finalize Splash Screens
> Mon 22-Mar  Mon 22-Mar  Deadline: Final Splash Screens
> Tue 23-Mar  Tue 23-Mar  Development: Beta Freeze--Features 100%
> Tue 23-Mar  Tue 23-Mar  Package: Final Splash Screens

Ooo, splash screens.  So my bet is that to make these ready, we
probably need closure on the wallpaper theming -- in other words, if
there's a radical change in the wallpaper, it could affect the way the
splashes look.

I remember seeing some Planet Fedora entries concerning the wallpaper
and soliciting feedback.  Is there a need to sort out that feedback
and figure out what's actionable and applicable to the wallpaper
theme?

> Tue 23-Mar  Tue 06-Apr  Create Count Down Graphic
> Wed 31-Mar  Fri 02-Apr  Create Beta Website Banner
> Wed 31-Mar  Wed 31-Mar  Package: Beta Walpaper
> Thu 01-Apr  Thu 01-Apr  Beta Project Wide Release Readiness Meeting
> Tue 06-Apr  Tue 06-Apr  Beta Release Public Availability
> Tue 06-Apr  Tue 20-Apr  Create DVD/CD label and sleeve artwork

So I'm obviously not an artist or able to make any of this material.
But is there anything I can do to help ensure it *does* get made by
the team?

It would be wonderful to see, after the wallpaper gets updated however
the team sees fit, a bunch of people helping to prepare the graphics,
banners, and media art over the next couple of weeks.  That way we
have everything lined up to go for the F13 Beta launch, and for the
people who are going to give their time to get media produced all over
the world.

Would it be helpful to file these as tickets and then get them
assigned to some of the designers on the team?