[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 23 18:05:33 UTC 2010

Hey Fab!

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 23:11 +0100, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> If you need any help with the banners and such, lemme know! :)

Would you be willing to take on the large banner that goes on the front
of fedoraproject.org?

I need to make some adjustments to the wallpaper based on the feedback
we got
(http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/fedora-13s-artwork-need-your-help-for-f13-beta/ ) - I'm hoping to have that ready by this Thurs or Friday. Then you could make use of that artwork in it if needed.

The large banners typically look like this:

"Unite."
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/9/91/Fedora12-released-banner-big_1e.png

"Reign."
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/7/7a/Fedora11-released-banner-big_1e.png

"Fire it up."
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/d/dd/Fedora10-0day-banner.png

"Make waves."
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/f/f7/Artwork_PromoBanners_fedora9_0day_banner.png

Some things to note about the specs here:

- no text, just 'fedora' (or just the logo mark or 'f') and the version
number - we don't want to have to translate it

- they usually have at least one screenshot

- It should somehow be related to the release slogan - for F13 this is
"Rock it."

- they're typically 600x200 pixels, with rounded corners.

What do you think?