[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:31:49 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 18:21 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 03/29/2010 05:37 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
> > Start       End         Name
> > Tue 09-Mar  Tue 30-Mar  Prepare wallpaper for Beta
>
> Considering we are way pas the deadline for finalizing the Beta
> wallpaper and very close to its package deadline, I propose that if we
> nobody propose an improvement in the next 24 hours, we use for Beta (and
> most likely final version) with Rocket Trails 2 [1] that was already
> used for Alpha. According to the feedback I saw it was well received
> overall with a few small improvement suggestions (shape and color of the
> trails, number of the stars).
>
> We need to get this milestone done, so we can move forward, for example
> the various splashes are supposed to be based on it.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork#Concepts.2C_WIP_Designs

I should like to add that the Alpha wallpaper is awesome albeit rather
lowish resolution and is missing dual screen versions... Even if we were
to go with this version (which would be perfectly fine at least with me,
I'm already using it and I like it very much) we'd need to address these
issues. IIRC, the standard in past releases were 2048x1536, 1920x1200,
1280x1024 and their dual screen counterparts.

I'm ready to do the packaging work as soon as I have the necessary
sources (just one source for all sizes is fine, I can do the
cropping/resizing as needed).

Thanks,
Martin