[Design-team] Upcoming Fedora 13 Tasks

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 31 05:12:42 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 20:00 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 04:13:13PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > On 03/30/2010 03:14 PM, Kris Thomsen wrote:
> > > I just thought of the Fedora-logo and such stuff :D
> >
> > You can reuse many of those from
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F12_Artwork/Beta
>
> Awesome, thanks for the quick delivery of links!
>
> Nicu, were you going to try to do a new iteration of the wallpaper
> based on the comments on Mo's blog?

It still needs a lot of work, but I made a bit of a start on this. I
think the most tricky thing to adjust was to redo the swirls so they
were clockwise to fit the new loading animated cursor. I also tried a
different texture but it doesn't have quite the same effect - the one
used in the alpha wallpaper is too repetitive a pattern unfortunately. I
think the texturing needs work. Also the glows are totally off. I did
too sloppy a job of it.

That being said, here's a couple variations on the new swirls:

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Beta/day.png

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Beta/night.png

The new swirl shapes are in here:

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Beta/30Mar2010-skytrails.svg

And the new XCF file is here:

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%20Release%
20Themes/F13/Beta/skytrails14.xcf

Note the texture I used is the JPG in that directory. It's a photo I
shot.