[Design-team] F13 spin websites: home stretch

Christoph Wickert cwickert at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 2 11:44:37 UTC 2010

(resent because my previous mail was rejected. Please moderate
non-member posts instead of rejecting them straight away because
sometimes other Fedora groups will need to send the design team messages
like this one)

Am Sonntag, den 02.05.2010, 01:23 -0400 schrieb Mel Chua:
> This is what I believe to be the remaining tasks to get the 4 new spin
> pages to v.1.0 for the F13 release, in order of how close they are to
> shippable. Copying spin owners here as well.

I have to admit that I'm a little confused now.  What exactly are the
spin owners required to do here?  In the past we got mail from the
design team and just had send our material to them.  This doesn't seem
to have happened.

The only reason why we already have a page for the security spin page is
that Jörg did it himself.  You told him to "make sure download links
point to the correct image", but I wonder how spin owners are supposed
to know the links if they have no access to the hosting and the torrent
tracker.

What Jörg did is clearly a job of the design and/or the websites team.
If we just add all spin maintainers to these groups in FAS and let them
do the job without coordination with the rest of the team, I'm afraid we
end up in chaos.  We need a clear defined workflow for the spin pages
and someone in charge of it.  Things have worked really well in the F12
cycle and we need to get back to the old procedure.

Regards,
Christoph