[Design-team] The Archive

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Sun May 16 00:51:30 UTC 2010

Hy there,

for some time we all working on tasks where we reuse templates,
pictures, Textual templates, etc. for all kind of work. But there is no
place where we keep that collected work, that snippets of small peaces
that could be reused in other ways.
So, I had a small IRC talk with rbergeron and that gave a kick-off for
"the archive" page [1]. It can/should be a kind of overlapping Startpage
for Art/Design/photo/Textual/Marketing thingy.

The idea is to collect these pieces out there in one place to reuse them
for other work and not to invent the wheel new every time ;-)

One of the first big issues / goals / whatever could be to have some
kind of program-package installed on fedorahosted with maybe a small
local part to manage some kind of photobucket (e.g. like digikam).
Maybe you guys have some ideas or use already some kind of multiuser
Photo-managing tool with tools like we all know from flickr & Co. that
we could use for our own.

Maybe it is a stupid idea, but I would like to have some kind of event
photos from events Fedora people are on in a good quality (technical as
well as compositional) to put those on e.g. flyers, presentations,
Marketing Material, etc.
In this gallery there also can be screenshots from different Releases
also as from some general Programms we have in the distro over the years.
Also e.g. some Backgrounds for presentation-templates, etc.
I already posted a small Blogpost on how to make better event photos and
the resonance was pretty good on that [2] so my impression is that there
are more photographers are out that we can think of...

Yes, I also know of that pain-in-the-ass discussion about
model-contract, but hopefully that will come to an end soon. All I can
offer at that moment is a common TfP [3] contract I translated into
english and which is used in europe as far as I know and which I linked
on the archive page so far.

So, what you all think about that? Ideas? Also take a look at
#fedora-photo if you want.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

[1] = https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Archive
[2] = http://www.braincache.de/wp/2010/04/08/better-event-photos/
[3] = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_for_print