[Design-team] Tempe Fudcon T-shirt design

Clint Savage herlo at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 15 13:57:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Jef van Schendel
<jefvanschendel at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/14 Daniel Drummond <dmdrummondx at gmail.com>
>>
>> Another mock-up.  This time I've based it on a black background, and
>> used incorporated a desert theme.  I have tried to only use the
>> colours in the logo, but I got a little confused as the colours in the
>> logo that was sent to me are different to the palette given in the
>> usage guidelines at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines.
>
> Excellent, looking good I think!
>
> A few things things:
>
> - I'm liking the style of the sun, but I fear it kind of clashes with the
> style of the rest of the scene. The sun is an abstract version of the real
> thing whereas the mountains and the cacti are look like they're drawn or
> scribbled. Perhaps we could also "scribble" the outline of the sun to make
> it fit in?
>
> - An idea I had was to put the sun in the background. From what I've heard
> (never visited, so somebody stop me if I'm wrong! ;) ), its sunsets is
> something Arizona is known for. Maybe we can create a similar effect? [1]
>
> Does anyone else have any recommendations or ideas? :)
>
>> I am also going to pop to the irc to see if anyone is there for more
>> immediate feedback.
>
> Great, hopefully I'll see you there. :)
>
> Do you think you can make the meeting, tomorrow night?
>
> Jef
>

> [1] http://schendje.fedorapeople.org/temp/fudcontempe2schendje.svg

While this isn't an official 'throw in my hat into the ring', I
created a design, which will need some attention, but I think looks
really good.  It's attached as a png, but I do have the svg sources.

If you wanted to run with something like this, my initial feedback was
good, but I just won't have time to complete it in time for the
deadline.

Cheers,

Clint