[Design-team] Self Introduction / Fedora startpage

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 25 02:13:04 UTC 2010

25.11.2010, 06:07, "Vinzenz Vietzke" <vinz at fedoraproject.org>:
> I think using the same footer on "regular" websites like www.fpo or
> get.fpo is absolutely necessary. But on such a special site like
> start.fpo I think it would be better not to "rush" the user with
> content. Especially new users would just get struck by all this
> information and would overlook the search bar as core functionality.

I also think that a start page should be as clean as possible and only contain a branded search bar [1], [2].

[1] http://www.google.ru/firefox
[2] http://firefox.yandex.ru/

25.11.2010, 04:02, "Jef van Schendel" <jefvanschendel at gmail.com>:
> - As I said I love the CC icons as filters, but they could be a little closer to the actual search bar, so it's clear what they're used for. I think the "dropdown + button + CC logo" combo I currently have in place looks ugly, so maybe we can simply put them there?

Agree, a good place for switchers would be right under the search bar.

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet