[Design-team] Introduction

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Oct 4 06:55:51 UTC 2010

On 10/02/2010 07:29 PM, Bryan Nielsen wrote:
> As recommended on the Fedora Project wiki concerning interest in
> contributing I joined the mailing list and am now sending an
> introduction.

Welcome,

> Most of my artistic experience is more from a technical background,
> creating diagrams, dimensional drawings and models, factory equipment
> and facility layouts and models in the semiconductor manufacturing
> industry. I have recently been experimenting with Inkscape to generate
> various icons, logos, and presentation media and as a long time fan
> and user of RHL, Fedora Core and now Fedora Linux I am interested in
> contributing to the project if my skill level is at an acceptable
> level.

We can use a lot of help, so yes, we need you :)

> As an example of my current Inkscape skill level I created the Fedora
> Logo at the following link using Inkscape and the logo specifications
> on the wiki page...
>
> http://xorengineering.com/dev/fedora-shiny-logo.svg

Your editing is very good looking but our logo is a trademark so such
modifications are not allowed, they will help diluting the mark, forwhat
we can do with the logo see:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

> I also contribute to Open Clipart with my new found skills...
>
> http://www.openclipart.org/search/?query=bnielsen

Glad to see here a fellow OCAL contributor :)
(i am http://www.openclipart.org/user-detail/nicubunu)