[Design-team] Fedora 14 Sleeve Artwork (New variant)

Marc Stewart marc.c.stewart at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:06:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 17:28 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> I created new variant sleeve artwork for Fedora 14 CD/DVD media.
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora14/media-artwork/disk-sleeves/png/

Looking good, Alexander. Combining the crowd with the join link is
particularly great.

A couple of tiny suggestions that might make them even better:

If you put a line break after "All rights reserved.", the trademarks
line is about the same length as the first, so it looks a little more
even.

"Intel-Compatible" should have a small "c" (i.e., "Intel-compatible") to
match the lower case of "bit computers". This is how it appeared on
older sleeves. Somehow the last couple acquired the capital, though I
don't understand why.

Also a question for everyone:
Do we really need to state the minimum requirements? 400MHz Pentium II
processors are over 11 years old. Surely any owners of such a computer
would, by now, know what it's likely to be able to run. Also, minimum
requirements confuse people. I've lost count of the number of times I've
been asked "Does this mean my computer's good enough?" Since the
necessary hardware is so basic, the answer for Fedora is almost
certainly "Yes", so why confuse anyone unnecessarily?

If everyone decides that, yes, we should still display minimum
requirements, then they should at least be correct. A P2 is not going to
be able to run any 64-bit version of anything. If I recall correctly,
the minimum requirements for 64-bit would be a Pentium 4. Does anyone
have any accurate testing data?

Marc