[Design-team] Fedora 14 Sleeve Artwork (New variant)

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:02:36 UTC 2010

Nice, Alexander!

> Also a question for everyone:
> Do we really need to state the minimum requirements? 400MHz Pentium II
> processors are over 11 years old. Surely any owners of such a computer
> would, by now, know what it's likely to be able to run. Also, minimum
> requirements confuse people. I've lost count of the number of times I've
> been asked "Does this mean my computer's good enough?" Since the
> necessary hardware is so basic, the answer for Fedora is almost
> certainly "Yes", so why confuse anyone unnecessarily?

Agreed, though I have no idea if it's required or not. I think that by
removing the "requirements" text, the Live and KDE sleeves will get
some much needed space. I think this is why I like the layout on the
Installation DVD better, the backside has a little more breathing
space. We could also bring it down a bit, or widen the text, so the
top and left margins are the same length.

I also thought the same thing as Emily - having the Fedora logo
displayed twice is a bit redundant.

Man, I'm agreeing a lot tonight, it's a bit boring. :)

- Jef

PS could you provide the sources too, so we can all play around with
it a little bit? It's easier than explaining these things through
words. I tried looking in the /svg/ folder but there was nothing there
(it's also possible that you linked to them before, but I missed it).