[Design-team] Initial Anaconda installer mockup

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 25 20:32:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 13:20 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> On 25/10/10 07:26 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > I like the visual design of these mockups (although I'm not sure
> that
> > Anaconda/GRUB have the fonts necessary available at that point in
> the
> > boot process.)
> I was wondering about that case but seeing GRUB from other
> distributions show the possibility.
> Asking what fonts can be used on Anaconda will be helpful. The current
> incarnation feels so legacy.

Totally agreed, I'll pop into #anaconda and see if they have any ideas
about some of the constraints there.

> > I think it's fine to work through visual design ideas right now, but
> we
> > haven't really begun a usability assessment of Anaconda so I also
> think
> > it's a bit too early to start mocking up the UI screen-by-screen.
> True. Looking at user issue on Anaconda will be a start as written on
> the wiki[1]. During the process I will learn more about usability
> assessment on such complex project.

Yep definitely, once F14 is out the door I definitely want to start
working with the Anaconda team and post stuff here on-list as well as on
the wiki. If you want to start, that would be awesome - we should
probably map out what screens pop up in what order, DVD vs Live Media,
and note any confusions or issues we encounter when running through it.

It's a good thing though I think to be looking at how other distros/OSs
do it today, and to start thinking about the visual design, so thanks
for getting started already Luya!