[Design-team] Supplemental Wallpapers

Emily Dirsh emily at fightingcrane.com
Thu Sep 2 01:41:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 13:43 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Based on the team's vote, Emily created a page with the "winners":
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Winners
>
> The next step is to re-check the licenses to ensure we are all OK with
> the usage:
> - 5 images were submitted by known Fedora contributors, who signed the
> CLA: icon, fabsh, bruce89 and nicubunu, they should be OK;
> - me and Emily split the remaining ones and are contacting the authors,
> the images are taken from Flickr and they have Creative Commons licenses
> but we want to check they are OK with the attribution.
>
> I started with my own part:
> - mailed and awaiting replies from Hamed Saber, Unhindered by Talent,
> Eneas, Ivan Zuber;
> - identified "Lavender Kiss" as having an inappropriate license,
> CC-BY-ND, which is considered non-Free so not usable in Fedora.
>
> We will also need the help of a packager to push them in the distro,
> Martin or someone else, can you lend a hand?

Just to keep everyone up to date - I've now contacted bslmmers,
imhullot, eflon, joiseyshowaa, and udono about the licensing/attribution
of their photos for inclusion in the package. Nighttime water by
darkmere is licensed CC-by-nc-nd, which I believe is incompatible?

Also, nicubunu mentioned blogging/promoting the supplemental wallpaper
package, but I don't have a blog :) - so is there anyone on the list
with a blog who wants to plug it for us? :D