[Design-team] A doubt about F14 wallpapers

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Sat Sep 11 17:26:03 UTC 2010

Victor Hugo Borges wrote:
> Excuse me, my friends,But as Im new to this mailling group thing and even
> a design-team discussion, I have some doubts.
> About Fedora 14, the wallpapers where already choosen? There is any chance
> that I could submit one to review?

Yes, the concept for the F14 *default* wallpaper was chosen and included
in the downloadable packages for feedback.

> Sorry if I still noobing here, but in wiki I read something about "Concept
> submissions ended 6 July, 2010", but i keep seeing people submitting new
> wallpapers, so it makes me wonder, could I submit one?

Indeed, that was the deadline for the concept submissions and we selected
one. What you see now is:
- *refinements* on the concept already submitted;
- *supplemental* (non-default) wallpapers, but we are beyond the deadline
for those too.

So if you want to work on wallpapers now, you can either help with
improving what we have
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork#Alpha_designs) or play with
something for the next release (F15).

Alternatively, you can help with the various banners and splashes
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supporting_Grahics) that are
also needed.