[Design-team] Beta wallpaper revision

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 12:10:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 09:22 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 09/14/2010 12:27 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 17:18 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >> Do you think this is something we could use for beta? Or is it the wrong
> >> direction?
> >>
> >> (source is: http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Resources/Fedora%
> >> 20Release%20Themes/F14/Wallpaper/F14-2400x15363.xcf )
> >
> > It might help to link the actual wallpaper, lol:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-beta-wallpaper-mizmo-3.png
>
> My main problem here is with the bright areas being too bright so they
> lose details, when this happen with one of my photos I get "damn! I
> borked it with overexposure", change the settings and shoot again (if
> there is something left to shoot, else just delete it).
>
> But I like the concept and would like the image if it is darker and have
> more details visible.

I share exactly the same sentiment and I also fear in its current state
it would not be very good usability wise. As I already said in other
thread, I like the colouring and amount of details of this one:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

But yeah, I like the concept as well.

Martin

PS: Sorry, if I sent this mail multiple times, evoultion is crashing
for me when sending emails, but I cannot find it in the archives, so
hopefully this is the first time you're receiving it.