[Design-team] GRUB background preview overlay

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 14 18:09:46 UTC 2010

Hi Marc!

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 18:58 +0100, Marc Stewart wrote:
> GRUB background screen creators,
>
> To save time when testing out new designs, I've added this overlay file
> to the wiki:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Grub_background_preview_overlay.png
>
> You can use it check for positioning, legibility, etc, without having to
> reboot (or start a VM) each time. Just add it as a new layer for an
> instant preview.

This is awesome! I just wrote a tutorial yesterday to go over the
workflow of how to make a grub splash - I added your graphic and a step
on using it to that tutorial :) Very helpful! See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_custom_grub_splash

You wouldn't happen to have any interest in creating one for syslinux
too? :)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_custom_syslinux_splash