[Design-team] Supplemental Wallpapers Package

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 21:49:35 UTC 2010

Hi Emily,

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 17:34 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 18:35 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've finaly found some time to work on the supplemental wallpapers
> > pacakge. Here's the result for early testing:
> > http://mso.fedorapeople.org/packages/F14/RPMS/
>
> Thanks Martin!
>
> > What I'd like from you to review before I push it to fedora is:
> > 1. The Attribution file. It gets installed with the -single package
> > which is required by both -gnome and -kde
>
> There are a few issues with the attribution here:
>      1. On Autumn Colors, the Author should be listed as B. Katz not
>         Joisey Showa and please include his blog
>         (http://www.joiseyshowaa.com)
>      2. 'Mount Bator and Mount Sumeru in the back in Bali' is actually
>         titled Sunrise on Tengger Caldera and the author's flickr name
>         is jmhullot not imhullot
>      3. On Dutch Skies, Bas Lammers email address (bslmmrs at yahoo) is
>         invalid, I'd just remove it.
>      4. On Seneca Lake, please list the author as Alex Wolcott.
>
> > 2. The .desktop files -- there's some attribution as well, I might
> > have make an error here and there
>
> Basically, this has the same issues as the attribution file
>      1. laughlin-autumn_colors.desktop, author should be listed as B.
>         Katz
>      2. laughlin-bali.desktop, author is jmhullot on flickr, not
>         imhullot ;)
>      3. laughlin-seneca_lake.desktop, author should be Alex Wolcott
>
> > 3. The desktop-backgrounds-lauglin-extras.xml -- the attribution info
> > I tried to add does not show in background properties and I don't know
> > whether it's my fault or whether it isn't supported. Plus, again, I
> > might have made a mistake when filling it out.
>
> I think the chooser widget only supports showing a limited amount of
> information, so it's not your fault ;). What Nicu, Mo, and I discussed
> was including attribution information in the image name, so instead of
> e.g.:
> <name>Autumn Colors</name>
> we would have:
> <name>Autumn Colors by B. Katz (www.joiseyshowaa.com)</name>
>
> It's not as elegant, but it gets the job done.

I've already said it on IRC, but thanks for the review! Since the
package has been already submitted as update I'll include the fix in
next release. As for the editting -- the KDE stuff (*.desktop) works as
expected (i.e. wallpaper name and author is displayed), so only the
mistakes need correcting, for gnome all what might need fixing for
better attribution is in desktop-backgrounds-laughlin-extras.

Martin