[Design-team] how-to library

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 15 15:43:49 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

As I've been doing some tasks for F14 & FUDcon I've been trying to
document my workflow as I go along and write up some how-tos:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#How_Tos

I would encourage everyone to think about the kinds of stuff they do on
this team and what might make a useful how-to write up to help us
onboard more designers or even simply increase our own skills &
knowledge within our existing group. Having documented workflows I think
can also be a great resource if we don't have enough time to help out
another team with a design - if we can at least point them to a how-to
they might be able to get it done on their own.

Some other needed topics I can think of:

- a little writeup on how licensing works and how creative commons !=
public domain, and why you should license your own works as openly as
possible

- how to install fonts on fedora

- where to find great clipart and freely-licensed assets (brushes,
photos, etc)

What do you think?