[Design-team] Annoncing The Fedora Sound SIG

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:34:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 21:10 +0200, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> Is this for login sounds and the like? I'm not sure what you mean
> because the only thing I know about this is that pretty much all Linux
> distros and also other operating systems have been cutting these
> things more and more down.

The sound of Silence can be soothing sometimes.  In certain conditions
they can be brutal.  Fedora Users should be allowed that choice.
Sometimes my PC displays an error when I'm away from the keyboard, and
I'm not aware ... event sounds helps in that area.  By installing
'kid-friendly' themes we could also encourage children to identify with
the product --> another Fedora Marketing gimmick.  Users should be able
to toggle off/on those they can live with/without.

Sometimes the Cut is there because they are installed by the
applications that need them.