[Design-team] Gnome-shell extension that adds a Fedora logo

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:00:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 04:22:03PM +0200, Kristóf Timur wrote:
> Okay, this is understandable.
> So how can a user distinguish between Fedora and any other Gnome distro,
> if there isn't a logo?

There's no requirement to re-brand upstream stuff.  After all, we
don't change the appearance or logos in Eclipse, GIMP, Inkscape, etc.

I think it would be more useful to work on something like the
start.fedoraproject.org site, and have that page be a better resource
for building brand.  (If you look at it currently, you'll find that
it's improved, but still has a lot of room for improvement.)

After all, this start page is part of the new browser tabs in Firefox
that the vast majority of users will open.  It has more room for
meaningful content than a simple logo on a menu.  Putting worthwhile,
substantial material where people will see it is more effective for
building our brand than trying to force an old idiom into a design
that doesn't need it.

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com