[Design-team] Gnome-shell extension that adds a Fedora logo

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Apr 15 15:48:59 UTC 2011

Timur Kristóf (timur at sch.bme.hu) said:
> If we don't have any branding on Fedora's default installation, how will
> users be able to distinguish between Fedora and any other Gnome
> distribution?

We do have branding - the login screen, the bootup screen, and the desktop
background. (Seriously, this exact same argument was made as to why the birds
were *required* in the desktop background over the upstream stripes in blue.)

> Changing a start page in Firefox doesn't really cut it.

[*] citation needed.

We already have branding, and this discussion is merely about the level
thereof. I'm not sure how the start page in the one app used by almost
everyone, that will take up 50% (or more) of the screen by default is
obviously not enough and also needs a 32x32 icon that would only take 0.08%
of my screen. (Your screen may vary.)

Bill