[Design-team] Task up for grabs: need a volunteer to handle minor revisions to FUDcon Pune design

Suchakra suchakra at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:44:59 UTC 2011

> Hi,
>
> Here is the latest FUDcon Pune poster:
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune%202011/poster_fudcon_india.png
>
> I would like to find a volunteer to take charge on this and to do the
> following with the design:
>
> #1 Remove the rangoli patterns from the 4 corners of the design
>
> #2 Lighten or remove the building design in the background so that the
> text is more readable / contrasting with the background.
>
> #3 Export it to PNG at 300 dpi and upload the PNG to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster
>
> #4 Save the new SVG and upload it to
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster
>
> #5 Email this list with a pointer to your work at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Pune_2011_poster so we can (1)
> double-check it and (2) ask Kushal for his feedback.
>
> The source SVG you will need to complete this task is located here:
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/pune
> 2011/poster_fudcon_india.svg
>
> You will need to install the following font to work with this design if
> you haven't already (by Fedora package name):
> aajohan-comfortaa-fonts  (yum install aajohan-comfortaa-fonts)
>
> Let me know (right here, on list) if you're up for taking this on,
> ~m

Hi, I am up for this task as I'm back again from a bout of illness.
Also here is my feedback for the discussion that has being going on
for designs related to FUDCon Pune.

* Henna design seems good on corners on poster (I'd remove it
nevertheless if everyone dislikes) but is not advisable on T-shirts.
Neither will a building look good on it.

* The T-shirt ideas need some more love. I'd like to have a slogan at
back with some simple design on front. I can create some mockups if
required.

* Mizmo's poster's seems perfect to me with most of the info present.
I'll make some changes to it, share and if OKed by all, run some test
prints here with a printer. I'd have loved the '0' in 2011 I did in
the past versions to be present somewhere. It's mean a lot to us as
its the 'spoked wheel' we have in our flag :)

I'm happy that the logo with henna crown is accepted :) and will
continue with banner designs from now on.

Suchakra