[Design-team] Idea for F16 countdown banner

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:42:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 03:04:24PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 15:46 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> > I have idea use two images (for even and odd days) for countdown
> > banner [1].
> > First image (indoor) based on "iceberg wallpaper", second image
> > (outdoor) based on Julio and Julia Verne characters by  gnokii.
> >
> > [1] -
> > http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora16/fedora16-countdown-banner-en-2.png
>
> It seems like we all agree to use this for our countdown banner for F16,
> so I was wondering if you could upload it and the SVG source to
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork#Release_Banners
>
> ?
>
> Absolutely fabulous work!

I agree.  I haven't had a chance to say much recently about the F16
artwork but I am just overjoyed with how nice it looks.  This
countdown banner is totally adorable.  For whatever reason, the people
in it remind me in a light-hearted way of characters in Alan Moore's
"League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" graphic novels.  (It's just the
time period, I'm sure.)

Having said that, if someone put a little red scarf around the young
lady's neck I will owe that person a $BEVERAGE. :-)