[Design-team] FUDcon Blacksburg logo suggestions

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 25 20:17:28 UTC 2011

Hi gnokii,

Here's some ideas you might want to consider for modifying the FUDcon
Blacksburg logo:

- The top row is just providing a little bit of separation between the
FUDcon logomark and the feathers so the feathers can fit closer to the
logo. I just did this with a simple linked offset as a quick measure but
it could be done using path operations for a final version.

- The bottom 3 rows are attempts at more abstract variations. I think
that the original is a very accurate rendering of a feather, but Fedora
logo graphics tend to be rounded and geometrical so I thought maybe
smoothing the feathers you did might be something worth trying.

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/fudcon/blacksburg%
202011/blacksburg.png

The SVG is in the same dir.