[Design-team] Hello! I'm new here :)

niftyness niftyness at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 18:19:52 UTC 2011

Hi!

Friends call me Katie, strangers call me Niftyness, and awesome people
refer to me as "Katie Niftyness" ;)

About myself:
Studied Communication Design at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania [BFA].
Went on to teach Multimedia Design for a couple years, then worked as
an Interactive Designer [Pharmaceutical Sales Training] for about 3 or
4 years. After that, I took a year off to travel, explore, and create!

Having worked as a teacher and as an insider in the training business,
I am highly skilled at formatting instructional materials.

Things I can do:
Animation, info graphics, interface design concepts, branding
materials, style guides, video production, electronic communications..
and more!

My training is geared towards Graphic Design AND Interactive Design --
This means that I can do print work AND digital work.

Currently, I have an OLPC XO with Fedora/Sugar (default system specs)
and a dual-boot windows machine (Win 7 + Ubuntu 11).

My primary goal with regards to this community is to create wonderful
artwork using Open Source software. Whilst I am highly adept at using
Adobe products, they are simply not an economically viable solution
for an independent digital artist such as myself.

In addition to creating assets for the fedora project, I am also
interested in promoting fedora to a wider audience -- A deviantArt
group would be an excellent way to promote our work to a community of
highly talented artists who otherwise might not have known of fedora's
existence (I've read the wiki). I've been a fan/user of deviantArt for
almost a decade now, and it has proven itself to be an absolutely
fantastic community to work with.

Happy to be here,

- Katie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_design

"Communication design is a mixed discipline between design and
information-development which is concerned with how media intermission
such as printed, crafted, electronic media or presentations
communicate with people. A communication design approach is not only
concerned with developing the message aside from the aesthetics in
media, but also with creating new media channels to ensure the message
reaches the target audience."