[Design-team] Need help with artwork for Fedora Robotics Suite

Emily Dirsh emily at fightingcrane.com
Mon Feb 7 21:26:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 18:15 +0330, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
> Dear design team!
> I'm a member of Fedora Robotics SIG. As you might already know, we are
> going to provide Fedora Robotics Suite[1] as a Fedora 15 feature. The
> goal of this suite is to make Fedora a great platform for people who are
> actively working in Robotics field and also a great platform for
> learning robotics. We are also planning on providing a Robotics LiveDVD.

This sounds like a really cool project. Yay robots! :)

> As a part of this work, we need some artwork for the webpages, some
> icons and at last for Anaconda (the last one is only needed for the
> LiveDVD which follows). And I think you can guess how good is our team
> in arts! ;)
>
> Because of this, we decided to contact you. It would be great if you can
> help us with some needed artwork, so that we can provide a more polished
> look at the end.
> Our current requirements are:
>
> * Logo for the Robotics Suite
> * Banner for Robotics Suite to be used on our webpages
> * Icons for Player utilities and Stage (some robotics
> applications)(They're not essential to the robotics suite effort, but
> would be nice to have)
> * Anaconda and some logo contents, to provide a more customized look for
> the LiveDVD (again, not necessary with  Robotics Suite feature effort;
> but appreciated)

We use a ticket tracker (https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/) to keep
track of design requests. You should file a new ticket for each of the
graphics projects you listed above. Provide as much detail as you can.
Include things like where/when/how you plan to use the requested
graphic, and if there are any limitations. This will help us get design
folks assigned to your requests and keep track of progress, etc.

> Any help with the above is highly appreciated. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Hedayat

If you have any questions, just post to the list, or hop on irc on
#fedora-design at freenode.

Emily