[Design-team] Hi! (introductory email)

Onyeibo Oku twohot at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 8 11:09:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 10:29 +0000, Monika Umba wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a freelance designer/animator/artworker. I studied Animation and
> Illustration at Cambridge School of Art (UK) and after graduation I
> also worked there as an animation assistant. I have recently moved to
> Swindon, UK and apart from continuing my freelance job I am looking
> for opportunities to further develop my skills and gain invaluable 'in
> the business' experience. I have heard about Feodra and thought it
> would be great to work on projects for this innovative and reputable
> company.
>
> I could be useful making animations/editing videos, designing
> artwork/logos/webistes/brochures etc.
>
> I use the following software:
>
> Adobe Photoshop
> Adobe Illustrator
> Adobe After Effects
> Adobe Flash
> Corel Painter
> Maya
>
> Thanks!
>
> Monika
>
> PS. My 'design' website is currently under construction, however, you
> may visit my 'artistic' website www.umbastudio.com

You're welcome Monika

I would have loved to see the stuff on your site but it seems they are
mostly flash content.  My browser (Firefox 'minefield') is not too happy
with flash at the moment.

Fedora is an open-source and Free project and contributors are
encouraged to use free tools.  Guess what?  There are excellent free and
open-source tools out there and in the Fedora repositories.

For Photoshop/Painter try GIMP
For Illustrator try Inkscape
For Maya try Blender 2.5.x series (if you're  using after effects for
compositing, you get that with Blender too)

Its fun and exciting watching these free tools evolve.  If you find
anything missing ... ah, with your enthusiasm and love for the tool, you
might just get it in there within weeks.

Have fun
--
Oku, Onyeibo
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:twohot