[Design-team] Fedora 15 Wallpaper -- Package Ready but Problems Ahead

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 09:49:39 UTC 2011

On Thursday, February 10, 2011 09:57:37 am Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the F15 wallpaper package is all ready and sound (it even has a
> subpackage to add the wallpaper to xfce backdrops chooser for the first
> time!) however there seems to be some issue with acceptence. I haven't
> read the logs from yesterday's (Feb 09) meeting (will there be a Mo
> summary?) but from a glance around the part where my nick was
> mentioned I gathered gnome guys weren't happy with it...
>
> Sideways I was engaged in conversation with Rex Dieter and Kevin Kofler
> about the new defaults and they aren't happy with it (too Gnomish) as
> well and as a result they switched for now to kde shipped default
> wallpaper for KDE [1]...

No,
that's not that reason, the reason is - I don't have time to support it properly
for Alpha. I really wish to make it there! Maybe I can try a quick hack but we
need more than just wallpaper - KDM theme, KSplash theme (at least that 'sed'ed
one as last year and then work on final one).

> XFCE, LXDE and others that
> use /usr/share/backgrounds/default.png should use it now as default.
>
> To summarize, it seems very unlikely that our wallpaper will be present
> on desktop and KDE spins for Alpha which is very unfortunate to us. I'm
> not sure if any discussion about this came to a conclusion in the irc
> meeting and if so, please enlighten me.

There are no hidden intentions, just lack of time :(((

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275