[Design-team] 04 January 2011 Meeting Minutes

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Tue Jan 4 21:09:22 UTC 2011

Hey everybody!

Thanks for another great meeting! Here's the minutes:

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.html

Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.txt

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.log.html

I also posted them to our wiki page here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#Latest_Meeting_Minutes

Mo Summary:

Topic: Fedora 15 supplemental wallpapers
• Our submissions page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions
• We got some great new submissions from Susmit.
• Ivan submitted a Fedora logo wallpaper. We decided we cannot accept it
and let him know:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2011-January/003878.html
• We need some more submissions. Ian is going to advertise on Deviant
Art, and Mizmo posted to Twitter and Identica:
  • http://identi.ca/notice/61538327http://twitter.com/#!/mairin/status/22369737770008576
• List of DeviantArt groups:
  • http://openartists.deviantart.com/http://wepreferlinux.deviantart.com/http://fossadvocates.deviantart.com/http://inkscapers.deviantart.com/http://linux-deviants.deviantart.com/http://linux-users.deviantart.com/http://gimp-artists.deviantart.com/

Topic: FUDcon Tempe T-shirt Design
==================================
• Emichan's latest design:
http://emichan.fedorapeople.org/FudconTempe/hohokam_tshirt.png
• Emichan is going to update the dates on the shirt design, then give it
to Robyn to give to the printers for an estimate.

Topic: Fedora RPG
=================
• Mizmo has been working on pencil sketches; she'll send her progress to
the list tonight
• Will be presented at FUDcon Tempe as a proposal

Topic: Fedora 15 default wallpaper
==================================
• We unanimously decided against having a vote.
• We don't actually have any proposals and the due date for proposals is
January 18th. Let's see what we have then. So far there hasn't been a
lot of work on creating a wallpaper design and there's been interest in
other projects (RPG, Anaconda UI, etc.)

Topic: FUDcon Tempe Booklet
===========================
• https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_packethttp://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-tempe-booklet/
• Can everyone take a look and send Ian some feedback?
• One idea so far is to incorporate Emily's t-shirt motif in the booklet
design: http://emichan.fedorapeople.org/FudconTempe/hohokam_lg_logo.svg

Topic: Image Annotator
======================
• Running example, allows you to add flickr-style notes to images:
http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/
• Emily's gitorious project for the code:
http://gitorious.org/remote-image-annotation
• Jef to file ticket with Fedora Infra team -
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ See Request for
Resources https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources

Action items:
=============

OPEN
• ianweller to advertise supplemental wallpapers in the
linux-flossrelated deviant art groups (list is above in notes)
• Emichan to correct date on T-shirt mockup for Tempe and hand off to
Robyn for printers' estimate
• Schendje/Emichan to blog final t-shirt design for Tempe in Fedora
Design team blog
• everyone take a look at ianweller's Tempe booklet mockups and provide
feedback

CLOSED
• Mizmo emailed Ivan, who submitted the wallpaper, to let him know we
can't accept his submission
• Mizmo advertised supplemental wallpaper submissions