[Design-team] my 2 cents on F15 Wall paper

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 12 23:42:08 UTC 2011

Hi Oku!

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 22:28 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I mentioned a thought that came to me, during our last meeting, about a
> concept for F15 wallpaper.  Since the idea is a little beyond me (for
> now), I pulled my tablet and sketched something that might be of help.
> Emily, you asked ... here it is:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F15-wallpaper-mockups-00.png
>
> The dripping lines represent glowing particles emanating from the
> background to form life (flowers, birds GAIA, if you would, etc. ... but
> not too concrete).  Its vivid in my head but I can't seem to think of a
> good route to reproduce it electronically.  That's my disclaimer there.
>
> I was thinking of blending the controversial wallpaper design to it
> (subtly). I hope this rings a bell.

I think this is a pretty cool concept, I like it a lot! I like the link
to Gaia & nature.... I think nature-themed backgrounds are always nice
since computers tend to trap us indoors for long time periods and
neglect the outdoors.  :) I think it could also make a very nice theme
on its own without the blending into the GNOME theme, which is important
for other desktops/spins. This is great work, thanks!