[Design-team] my 2 cents on F15 Wall paper

twohot twohot at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 13 14:11:53 UTC 2011

> Right .
> About "filigree"  , I'm not a native speaker, but search with google
> image word "filigree".
> Also, I have not actively participated in past meetings, so it was
> just a simple emphasis on your sketch.

Wow, searching out 'filigree' threw a lot of inspiring images at me.
Is that what it is called?  That makes the two of us ... 'natively
speaking'  :) .  Thanks for the inspiration.  I even found a software
that does filigrees with the glow on it. (but its a 'Windoze'
appllication: http://filigree-win.en.softonic.com/).  Its GPL licensed
and free.  The glow looks cool.  Imagine that effect on the wallpaper
mock-up ... only that its the dots (particles) that glow more, not the
lines.

It might be worth it to run a demo of the game: "Osmos"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc88ti3WbfY) That trailer doesn't
scratch the real graphics.  It has some graphics that is close to my
imagination .... remove the lifeforms and replace those with glowing
suspended particles clustered together to form different images.

Can you see it?