[Design-team] First few jingles

Tom medhurst tom.medhurst at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 17:40:30 UTC 2011

Swing is probably one of the most innovative genres in history.. but each to
their own! ;)
On 21 Jan 2011 17:16, "Misha Shnurapet" <shnurapet at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> 21.01.2011, 23:23, "Tom medhurst" <tom.medhurst at gmail.com>:
>> I've got some pedal boxes, or an array of acoustic guitars (if that would
fit better...?)Don't really play synth, but do have a MIDI keyboard and
could have a bash, or could provide the notes for someone else.

>> Any pointers as to what sound you would think would fit Fedora best? I am
pretty new here, so not the best person to make that call..
>> I remember that Yahoo! used to use a banjo (I have one of those too - and
a mandolin), and eBay once used a track from Feist, so I thought the
acoustic sound might go well, it should give it a homely, down-to-Earth
sound?

>> Bring on the suggestions! :D
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM, Misha Shnurapet <
shnurapet at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>>> Do you play synthesizer?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Misha Shnurapet, Fedora Project Contributor
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet
>>> shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, GPG: 00217306
>
> Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, but, to my mind, since Fedora is all about
innovation, the jingles must be contributing. I don't hear anything
refreshing in the sound of acoustic guitar, especially if it plays something
swing.

> I love the idea to have jingles. I miss the login chord there used to be,
I never heard it since Fedora 11.