[Design-team] another wallpaprt with nautilus

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 19:29:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2 Jul 2011 03:12:13 +0300
Catalin wrote:

> It is not a joke, it's just unfinished ...
> It seems that you are an expert, you have something better?
> Because water transparency material and beating sun room is so bad.
> As I said, I hope to solve this problem with a volumetric material to
> give a feeling of water density.

Frankly said, I don't like it very much either, but I'm a slightly
different type of person -- I never really liked 3D designs on computer
sans those that look photo-realistic (or paint-like)...

But to try to be a little bit more constructive:
 * the water surface ends abruptly while in reality it should go to
   (something close to) infinity thus practically fading out with less
   and less detail
 * the water surface is too contrastive, I'd try something softer
 * compared to the original hand-drawn sketches (which I really liked)
   the nautilus is rather plain
 * the water colour feels gloomy

But still, if I could have a say (sadly I not a good enough artist to
do something myself), I'd really like if the Verne wallpaper had more
historical feel, something artsy, perhaps a direct development of the
original sketches with a tiny little bit of steam-punk touch.

Cheers,
Martin