[Design-team] fedora-art.org

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:36:56 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 13.07.2011, 15:30 +0200 schrieb Vinzenz Vietzke:
> On 07/13/2011 02:01 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > I mean, none of the artwork is really specific to Fedora, right?
> I think there's a lot of Fedora related artwork:
> http://fedora-art.org/index.php?xcontentmode=7600

Yeah, but there is even more like this one:
http://fedora-art.org/content/show.php/Natty+Narwhal
+Ubuntu?content=141051

> Actually the site isn't designed very user friendly, but that's a
> different point.

All the opendesktop.org sites are...

> The core problem is, that fedora-art.org lacks of
> alternatives. Otherwise this unbeloved stepchild of gnome-art.org
> wouldn't have become so important.

I don't think it really needs a site like this one. I would rather see
the people work in our design team.

Many of the things published there actually violate our logo usage
guidelines. Someone call the trademark police... ;)

> > So does somebody know if fedora-art.org is actually connected to the
> > Fedora project in some way?
> Don't think so. The whole *-look.org and *-art.org universe is a project
> of KDE's Frank Karlitschek.

I know, and I have admin privileges. I think I am going to remove all
the *bunutu stuff. ;)

Jokes aside: If somebody wants to see something removed because of a
Fedora trademark violation, just ping me.

Regards,
Christoph