[Design-team] Mockup: Joining process

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 15 14:55:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 14:11 +0000, S.Kemter wrote:
> I like ur drawing it shows some powerful people but powerful I wouldnt use in
> that case you can create a feeling on the viewer that he think he has not
> enough power to be among them.
>
> What we need is more characters where most people would say "oh yes that can
> be me" and have no fears to join.

Yeh, I agree. We don't want folks to be intimidated. It's not a bad
thing if they think contributing to an open source project would enable
them more control over their computing life (I could see that as being
'powerful') but it has to seem like an achievable goal. I think the
angle also has a 'cool' or a 'dramatic' factor.

I like the kids because they make it seem achievable to be a productive
contributor, but they also seem smart and they have a lot of friends
(themselves.) We could achieve the 'cool' or 'dramatic' factor depending
on our visual treatment of the kids graphics.