[Design-team] Newly-expanded Fedora logo usage guidelines

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:52:38 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, den 19.07.2011, 14:53 -0400 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> Hey folks,
>
> Thanks in huge part to Ian Weller's meticulous work in the care and
> feeding of Fedora's branding, we've got a major Fedora logo usage
> guidelines update ready on the wiki. The guidelines have been expanded
> and improved in a number of ways, including:

[...]

Thanks for working on that Mo and Ian,

I wonder if this process is described somewhere:
      * How can one request a change of the guidelines?
      * Who decides about a change and who is empowered to make it?
      * Are changes double-checked with the trademark owner?

> - Coverage of the Fedora application and group sublogos.

The sublogos are a good example. The logo usage guidelines describe a
certain amount of clearing around the logo and the sublogos are an
exception to that rule as they don't have sufficient clearing. Somebody
could just violate the guidelines and declare it a sublogo. Do we have
an authoritative list of all sublogos? How would one request a new one?

As somebody who recently was accused of breaking the guidelines I am
really interested in all this to avoid problems in the future.

Regards,
Christoph