[Design-team] Logo request for Cobbler. Any takers?

Greg Swift xaeth at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 28 15:23:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:33, Abi R <nightmoves at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Come to think of it, you guys should prolly go with kemter's idea. Buddhika
> is too busy to color it and nobody else wishes to or if you do, go right
> ahead. I think I'm done with the task.

so i'd like to apologize.  I mistook the tone of the above e-mail and
initiated a sidelined conversation with Abi.  After the intial e-mail
I should have brought it back into the thread, but hitting reply is
just too easy/lazy.  that is my fault.

the summary (i can provide the thread if anyone feels it is needed) was this:

i said I liked where kemter went with  the logo as far as the favicon
goes.  it fits much more simply and is easier to scale.  I did go onto
irc and chat with shenson, and he is a fan of the vintage (which I
like, but was worried about scale on).  however that with with Abi's
explanations about his intent, we feel that it was a very nice concept
to try and go for a more complete "larger" logo with the vintage style
Abi was going aiming at for uses like the homepage and web app.  I
suggested that maybe if the boot from the larger logo was a separate
layer in the final result and that layer could be scaled down to
provide the favicon.

so... like i said.  my fault.  I do like the favicon target of what
kemter colored, but was trying to see if there was a more in between
compromise that utilized Abi's artistic intent.

-greg/xaeth