[Design-team] [Verne] Wallpapers Need Karma; Current Schedule Items

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:14:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

== Wallpaper ==

as already mentioned yesterday on our meeting, the new wallpapers
package need karma by users logged in to bodhi. The relevant update is:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/desktop-backgrounds-16.0.0-1.fc16,verne-backgrounds-15.91.0-1.fc16

What whould be nice to test before giving carma?

For KDE just install verne-backgrounds-{single,kde} and verify it
appears in bg selector and hen selected, it works.

For GNOME install verne-backgrounds-{single,gnome} and
update desktop-backgrounds-gnome. Verify that the new wallpaper is set
by default and appears in background selector.

For XFCE install verne-backgrounds-{single,xfce} and
update desktop-backgrounds-xfce. Verify that the new wallpaper is set
by default and appears in background selector.

AFAIK all these can be tested on F15 without any problems (F16 manages
these the same way as F15).

== Current Schedule Items ==

A kindly reminder that according to our schedule [1], apart from
packaging the wallpaper there are also the two following action items
in near future:
 * Supplemental Wallpapers Submissions deadline — Tue 8 August 2011
   1900UTC
 * Alpha Release Banner due on Fri 12 August 2011

Submissions for Alpha release banner are to be uploaded at wiki [2]
(and mentioned here on list).

Thanks,
Martin