[Design-team] Open Ticket, Design and membership in the design group.

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:32:30 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 01.06.2011, 14:28 -0700 schrieb Pomyk Dair:

> Hi, I signed up for this list, because I want to help Fedora.

Thanks, I think we can really use a helping hand.

> So, I have two questions. First:  If I find the ticket for e.g related
> to creating icons, for some system parts, it is sufficient to create
> that icon (. png file)? And of course to share this project with all
> of you.

For icons you better use svg because it allows scaling images without
loss of quality and you can easily export every size you need: 22x22,
24x24, 32x32, 36x36, 48x48, 64x64 and 96x96, but usually you only need
24x24, 36x36, 48x48 and one svg.

The best program for svgs is inkscape and Mo has created a great
tutorial. Check it out at
http://linuxgrrl.com/learn/Introduction_To_Inkscape

> The second thing. If I create some wallpaper related to Fedora,
> can I also show them?

I am not really familiar with the inner workings of the design group,
but you can store your work on your fedorapeoplw.org space. Fore more
info refer to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/fedorapeople.org

Regards,
Christoph