[Design-team] Space for wallpapers in Fedora 16

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 06:52:06 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin,

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 02:25:49 +0200
Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > And I'm sure there is more useless software you can remove to make
> > some space for wallpapers and other *useful* software.
>
> I'm not convinced. We already worked hard on trimming useless stuff,
> especially the one which really matters size-wise.

I perfectly understand your concerns, still if we manage to do the four
wallpapers, I'd really like to see them in. Maybe you could start
targeting a bigger device than CD? I highly doubt KDE would even run
anywhere where there isn't support for either booting from USB
stick or DVD. We have more lightweight spins (like XFCE or LXDE) for
these ancient PCs. At one point you will have to make that decision --
for better or worse, software is getting bigger with time and there'll
come a time where CD wouldn't be big enough to have on it a useful set
of KDE apps.

Just food for thought ;-)

Martin