[Design-team] Schedule: Wallpaper Fedora 16

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:56:28 UTC 2011

Hi María,

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:12:53 -0430
María Leandro wrote:

> Hola Ninjas, Jedis, Spoks and Aliens!!!
>

> Next Fedora will be named “Verne” (in honor to Jules Verne ) and from
> the first time the name came out, design team has begun working on
> some amazing pictures that will leave more than one speachless.
> However, it's time to buckle down and start working with the
> magnifying glass on the calendar.
>
> Let me explain the stages of this development so, if you want to
> help, be aware of all that we have pending for the next release. [1]
>
> === Sketches Design: Deadline 17 June ===
> Send as many sketches as you want! all these will be colorized by the
> design team. Remember that in order to work calmly this must be
> submitted before this date.
>
> === Colorization Stage: Deadline 05 July ===
> To give color and life to the sketches, will have 3 weeks after
> completion of the of sketches stage. After this date, we will only
> work on files that has been already colorized and only require a
> final polish.
>
> === Polishing stage: Deadline 26 July ===
> Once we have the final concept and after being colorized, we will
> begin give the final polish until we complete our Alpha Wallpaper!
>

> === How can I get more information? ===
> * General information about F16 art development can be found at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork
> * Check our artboard ( ) and see the progress of sketches and
> colorization at: http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard
> * Follow in detail the dates that design team has to meet and be sure
> to send your proposals in time:
> http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-16/f-16-design-tasks.html
> * I don't know's Verne! How can I get inspired?: See all the books
> that Jules wrote here at http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_Verne
>

> [1] http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora_Artwork/Banners/schedule.png

Looks like we've been doing similar tasks today :) I checked the
http://rbergero.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-16/f-16-design-tasks.html
for problems and noticed a few practical issues:

* The alpha wallpaper deadline needs to be moved from 29 July to 26
  July (at the very least) so that I can get the package in by 2 August
  (which is alpha change freeze). I see you already changed the date to
  that in your part of the schedule, which is awesome :)

* I haven't found dates for final wallpaper and splashes desing, so I
  propose 4 October so that the relevant packages can be updated before
  final change deadline (10 October). It's possible I'm half blind and
  it's there -- if it is so please speak up!

* We need to shift the supplementary wallpapers dates -- they aren't
  aligned with our irc meetings. In short:
  * Move submission deadline to 15 August (Monday, so that we can
    review and vote on tuesday)
  * Move selection to 16 August (Tuesday, which is our meeting)
  * This shifts also date for verifying license, if we want to keep the
    duration to 14 days, to 16 -- 30 August.

I've filled all the dates at our wiki:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F16_Artwork/Schedule

I'm also going to add the milestones you've mentioned in your email.

Cheers,
Martin