[Design-team] Votes open! Wallpaper Design Stage 1 Complete!

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 19 01:07:57 UTC 2011

Hello Designers, Ninjas, Aliens and Pandas!

I'm glad to inform you that our first stage is now over, so this means that
we have complete our sketches period! Now comes the time to set a proper
priority to start our Colorize Stage (Stage 2) and give color and live to
this awesome draws.

We will have until July 05 to end our second stage (Colorize) so that give
us 17 days to play with our imagination and give love to this draws.
Remember, this vote is not to choose a wallpaper, but instead to give us a
prior list to work with them and try to arrange our time to finish them all.
One of the ideas that Design team had is to use all (or almost all) our
wallpapers in a special package based on Verne's artwork. We have never had
that much artwork, so is fare enough to use it!

=== How we will vote? ===
Simply give us your top five draws (please, if you feel that some need more
color don't see that, see concepts and vote based on that).
Each Art piece has a number, just make click on the image you like and send
us the last number of that URL

Example:
http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/47
Vote = 47

Artwork Designs to vote for:
*http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/list*

=== Where we will vote? ===
Anywhere!!! That's the amazing about internet. Send a reply to this mail
with your top five, send a twitter/identi.ca message with the hashtag
#FedoraArt or just ping me at IRC and let me know your votes.

=== Until when is the vote? ===
Until our weekly meeting (which is Tuesday at 19UTC)

=== What will artist do in the mean time? ===
Draw!!!! Colorize!!!! Polish!!!!
I will keep coloring as many draws as I can trying to increase votes!

Please, blog about this, call your friends... spread! Remember that our
wallpaper is the face of fedora, and we all want it to be the best!

=== Further info ===
I would like to explain a little why are we doing this and Pro's Con's of
this new initiative:

Pro's:
* We are in time!!! one of our common problems are that the artistic process
sometimes takes more than it should, so having a schedule like this give us
time to know where we are and what we should do
* We can divide and conquer! Artist can't do everything, but we can divide
our tasks and conquer the world. Using human resources based on their best
skills lets us set us realistic-goals based on what people can do, knowing
how much can we push them.
* We know when and where! We have a detailed schedule and know what to do in
each stage; so there is no way to be lost without something to do. Also, we
have an awesome place to put all our artwork and get some interesting
feedback (Artboard)

Con's:
* We have dates... so even if our process is going ok, we need to deliver
our art on time.

Actual schedule:
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora_Artwork/Banners/schedule.png

--